Thinking of sending your Australian registered vehicle back to Malaysia? Kaybix Kargo is here to your rescue.
Apart of shipping personal and business items, some of our customers use our cargo service to send their vehicles back home to. Here are the information for vehicle shipping for you to start with:
For Malaysian students and Malaysian residents in Australia planning to import a motor vehicle to Malaysia when they return home, the following criteria apply:
- The vehicle must be registered in the name of the person returning, and be owned for at least 9 months.
- Insurance on the vehicle for at least 9 months must be in the name of the person returning home.
- The owner/driver should have a valid driver’s licence (a provisional licence holder will not be allowed to take a car back to Malaysia)
- Driver must have lived/studied in Australia for more than 1 year and be returning home permanently.
- Relevant import duty and excise tax will be imposed according to current schedule.
An import licence must be obtained from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry by completing Form JK 69 (Pindaan) 9/84 before exporting the vehicle from Australia to Malaysia. The form can be purchased from Percetakan Nasional Malaysia Berhad, Kuala Lumpur or any of its branches in Malaysia.
Your application must be accompanied by original or certified copies of :
- Car registration documentation
- Insurance certificate.
Ministry of International Trade and Industry
Block 10, MITI
Komplek Pejabat Kerajaan
50622 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel: (603) 6203 3022
Fax: (603) 6203 1303
For further information about Import Duty
Email: email@example.com. my or firstname.lastname@example.org
Approval Permit (AP)
Approval Permit (AP) is the most critical part for vehicle shipping. The law requires that vehicle bought after 1st January 2017 must be at most 5 years old to be eligible for AP. The documents required for AP approval are:
- Form 3d (from MITI website),
- Form JK69 (in Malaysia).
What’s included in AP Runner ?
– Service charge for AP Runner Application, assisting with custom clearance at Port Klang
– Port charges for Vehicle – Logistic Service Provider, Documentation fees, EDI, DO, Terminal Charges
Shipping your vehicle with Kaybix Kargo
If you would like to use Kaybix Kargo service to ship your vehicle, the same container sharing concept may apply, unless you opt to our premium service. But fear not, the safety of your vehicle inside the container is guaranteed. Our shipping crews are professionally trained to handle such request.
In order to ship your vehicle with us, you need to complete the requirements outlined in the General Information, and submit a copy of the import license to us, alongside other relevant documents. For more information on how much space you need to book and the price, contact us at KBCargo@kaybix.com anytime and we’ll do our best to assist you.
Pricing for vehicle depends on these conditions:
- Vehicle only (no RORO) either by container,
- Vehicle only (2 vehicles in a 40ft container),
- Vehicle and other personal items (20 ft),
- Vehicle and other personal items (40 ft),
- Door to Port service,
- Container hire only until port,
- AP runner,
- without AP runner.
The indicative pricing for vehicle are from AUD 3200 to AUD 8500. This does not include the taxes, parking fee at the port while waiting for AP approval, Customs, Road and Transport Department, and insurance. Please not that you’ll be charged parking fees daily for as long as your vehicle is in the port.
Superbike Costing for Shipment :
Pick up (30KM within CBD areas) to Port Klang, with crate, AUD4500 with AP runner. SBK or motorcycle to be picked up at Port Klang.
Please prepare around RM2,000 for Road Tax, JPJ components.
Separate cost for vehicle shipment will be :
– Container Storage & Demurrage if any depending on liner and public holidays observed in Malaysia. Usually we will deliver items and furniture first rather than waiting for car as car clearance might take sometimes. (Crucial that AP paperwork must get it right at first submission)
– Charges for Puspakom, Registration , JPJ Grant, Trip Plate.
– Car Parking at the Port Klang while waiting for AP approval, appx RM9-12 per day for a CAR. This is the cheapest option as container parking at Port Klang (RM250 ++ per day)
– Custom Duties, Importy Duty, Road Tax, Insurance
Example of Custom Duties Imposed (Car and SBK) :
Dec 2018. 2015 Yamaha YZF R1 : RM30,675.48 (Student negotiation: 10% reduce)
Jan 2019. 2013 Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0 : RM36,616.34 (Expat negotiation: 50% reduce on some components)
Feb 2019. 2017 Ford Mustang : RM113,688.40 (Student negotiation : 10% reduce)
Jun 2019. 2014 – Mercedes C200 : RM37,281.28 (Expat negotiation : 50% reduce on some components)
Jul 2019. 2014 – Mini Cooper : RM34,963.70 (Student negotiation)
Before you ship your vehicle
- Decide on when you want to ship your vehicle
- Complete the requirement outlined in the General Information.
- Book shipment with Koala Belang Cargo Service.
When you are ready to ship your vehicle
- Inform us whether to send your vehicle personally to us or need us to come and get it.
- Wait for notification from us to advise the best time to send/get your vehicle to our warehouse, usually when the container is available.
- Make sure that you have all of the relevant documents for the shipment.
- Once you have handover your vehicle to our friendly crew – sit back, relax, and enjoy your days in Australia.
When your vehicle arrived in Malaysia
- Your vehicle will undergo custom checking and clearance.
- Pay the relevant taxes to the authority.
- Make sure the relevant vehicle registration procedure with the authority is complete.
- Drive home with your vehicle.